Revere Works is a coalition of City departments, workforce training agencies, and educational providers serving Revere residents through coordinated workforce development planning, programming, and employer and community engagement. Please bookmark this page or subscribe for email updates.
Featured: Training Opportunities
Recruitment has begun for several local job training opportunities. Please subscribe for updates to get the latest details on info sessions. For a more extensive listing of training programs, visit the Training & Ed page.
How to apply: see each flyer for additional information.
Life Sciences Apprenticeships
Early Ed Teacher Training
End User Desktop Support
Revere Works Jobs
|Opportunity Communities||Part Time Resident Services Coordinator|
Resident Services Coordinator- Part Time 10hrs
The Neighborhood Developers (TND) is a community development corporation based in Chelsea, serving the communities of Chelsea, Revere, and Everett. We are committed to comprehensive, resident-led community development of neighborhoods in our communities. Our mission is to create strong neighborhoods enabling community members to secure a stable home, achieve economic mobility, and determine their own future.
The Resident Services Coordinator delivers programs and amenities that support stable tenancies and serve children, adults and seniors living in TND properties under the direction of the Director of Resident Services. The Coordinator will lead community engagement efforts in TND properties to build social capital by fostering person-to-person and people-to-place relationships, develop the skill and will of resident leaders to take on leadership roles in the property and in their community, encourage civic engagement in order to build neighborhoods of choice were neighbors have elevated community standards and a sense of efficacy. This is a mobile position that will require regular travel to TND properties. The Coordinator will coordinate with property management staff and community partners. The Coordinator is responsible for supporting partnerships with service providers to expand opportunities for residents to access programming that would enhance their quality of life.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
Program Development and Administration
● Maintain regular, scheduled onsite hours at larger properties.
● Welcome new residents (and establish/maintain contact with existing residents) and explain the resident services program and services and provide information and support in accessing local service resources; build relationships to support their needs and goals.
● Prioritize services that assist residents to maintain stable tenancies, including screening tenants for public benefits eligibility, and support for tenants at risk of eviction.
● Develop supportive professional relationships with residents that help them enhance the quality of their lives, empower them and encourage them in taking the steps to achieve sustainability.
● With the support of the Director for Resident Services, identify individuals and families with service needs and provide direct services or supportive linkages between residents and other services as appropriate; maintain appropriate case notes in accordance with WISP procedures.
● Maintain accurate records, produce timely written and verbal reports.
● Provide general assistance, as needed, for TND activities and events, and undertake other activities and duties as requested.
● Acquire and maintain any certifications required by TND or for delivery of services.
● Fulfill annual work plan and funding requirements.
● Participate in relevant industry forums and committees as requested by Member agency to stay current with the field, and increase visibility for the organization.
● Tell the story of our work to residents, network members, and funders by supporting program communications
Work Requirements and Qualifications
● College graduate or equivalent experience providing human services or community engagement / outreach.
● Experience working with low-income families, seniors and non-elderly disabled people
● Demonstrated strong cultural competence for working in a diverse multicultural community.
● Ability to understand and respect values, attitudes, and beliefs that differ across cultures and to respond appropriately to these differences with residents and in planning, implementing, and evaluating programs and services.
● Capable of building and maintaining partnerships with community based organizations based on the needs of the residents.
● Responsible, self-motivated, and able to carry out and prioritize multiple ongoing projects
● Genuine enthusiasm for meeting, motivating, and involving people in community activities
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Bi-lingual English-Spanish (both written and spoken) required
● Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
● Strong work ethic, a good sense of humor, and a commitment to social justice
● Comfort with ambiguity and ability to thrive in a fluid, entrepreneurial environment; willingness to “roll up one’s sleeves” and extend beyond formal responsibilities based on the needs of the work
● Ability to collect, track and understand data in order to assess programs and partnerships.
● Proficiency with, Word required. Knowledge of Salesforce or similar programs preferred.
● Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
● Comfortable with public speaking
● Other duties as assigned
● Experience working in a diverse multicultural community
● Experience producing e-newsletters and developing marketing campaigns
● Knowledge of affordable housing and community development issues
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Ability to travel to TND properties
● Ability to work on feet for extended periods of time
● Professional development
Opportunity Communities (OppCo) provides human resources for TND. OppCo, and members Nuestra Comunidad and TND, are equal opportunity organizations. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
4 Gerrish Ave|
Workforce Development Manager
The CONNECT program at The Neighborhood Developers seeks a dynamic Workforce Development manager to join a new and growing Workforce Development Unit dedicated to both rapid reemployment and building long-term sustainable jobs while working in coalition with other partners. This is an exciting time to help develop and lead our Workforce team serving the diverse neighborhoods of Chelsea, Revere and Everett. This is a full time, exempt position reporting to the CONNECT Director. The position is hybrid with some in-person work and some work-from-home.
The Neighborhood Developers (TND) is a community development corporation based in Chelsea and serving Chelsea, Revere and Everett. We are committed to comprehensive, resident-led community development of neighborhoods in our communities. Our mission is to create strong neighborhoods enabling community members to secure a stable home, achieve economic mobility, and determine their own future.
CONNECT provides direct services for residents of Chelsea, Revere and Everett and also works with partner organizations to ensure those residents receive holistic services. We have just created a new Workforce Development Unit and are working closely with local partners to help get our community members back to work.
Chelsea and the surrounding communities were hard hit by the pandemic –with a great deal of job loss and financial instability for our low income, largely immigrant communities– so this is a particularly important time for work force development in the area and the Workforce Development Manager could make a critical difference in our constituent families’ lives.
The Workforce Development Manager oversees the in-house job navigator staff and handles a caseload of job-seeking clients. The Workforce Development Manager, working closely with CONNECT’s Director, also manages the strategic mission for the unit and develops new policies, processes and programs as necessary.
The Workforce Development Manager serves as one of the primary liaisons and managers of CONNECT / TND’s broader workforce development efforts. The Workforce Development Manager work in coalition with our community based and municipal partners on broader reform efforts to help promote economic mobility among the under- resourced, largely immigrant, communities we serve. The Workforce Development Manager will serve as a primary liaison, along with the CONNECT Director, to the Chelsea Good Jobs Coalition, Revere Works, and Mass Up (a cross-city coalition that links GJC and Revere Works under a special grant).
Working with other coalition members, the Manager will help develop a policy advocacy agenda and other vehicles to promote broader workforce development in Chelsea and Revere.
● Provide both supervision of staff and direct case management for job seekers from the City of Chelsea and surrounding communities, with a focus on rapid reemployment and placement in free or low- cost training programs
● Design and implement outreach systems so that job seekers are aware of our services
● Create and refine intake, case assignment, and case management processes
● Identify training needs for staff, recommend specific training opportunities
● Track service delivery, progress, and client outcomes
● Help develop workshops and job fairs and other programs designed to assist job seekers
● Develop and improve programs based on client outcomes and research on best practices
● Manage referrals for services that fall within the Manager’s purview
● Encourage client awareness and usage of other CONNECT services
● Coordinate with TND and OppCo departments as needed; such as with Data and Evaluation to refine outcome metrics and with Resident Services to improve outreach
● Coordinate with CONNECT partner organizations, such as La Colaborativa and Mass Hire
● Establish and maintain working relationships with other relevant entities such as local employers and other job coaching and training programs
● Develop new department procedures, as required.
● Attend Board of Directors meetings to make presentations.
● Represent the organization’s work at meetings with funders.
● Help to prepare reporting for funding sources.
● Contribute to a strong sense of organizational teamwork through activities including regular staff meetings, group discussions and staff retreats.
● Participate in the planning and implementation of agency-wide events.
● Ensure that all organizational policies and procedures are followed.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
● A Bachelor’s degree or relevant equivalent experience.
● Experience working with low-income clients from a variety of backgrounds.
● Strong program implementation skills: demonstrated ability to manage time and staff, prioritize appropriately among multiple competing demands, and solve problems.
● Detail-oriented, well-organized, and able to work independently.
● Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office suite programs and Salesforce or other databases.
● Strong written and oral communications skills.
• Ability and desire to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including at periodic evening or weekend hours,
• Ability to think strategically - to anticipate unit needs and help develop solutions.
● Experience in workforce development.
● Knowledge of community resources in Chelsea and surrounding communities.
● Experience working with and in collaborations.
• Experience working in a diverse multi-cultural community
• Past experience as a volunteer in a community and/or human services setting
• Previous management experience
The position involves sitting, standing, lifting, looking at a computer screen, phone work etc. The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Opportunity Communities (OppCo) provides human resources for TND, OppCo, and members Nuestra Comunidad and TND, are equal opportunity organizations. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
4 Gerrish Ave|
|Home Instead||Seeking skilled CNAs, HHAs, PCAs|
Now Hiring CAREGivers for all shifts (with a minimum of 4 hour shifts up to 24 hours a day).
Looking for trusted and heartfelt CAREGivers to join our Home Instead family! As a Home Instead CAREGiver you are just as important as the clients we serve! Clients will put their trust in you to support their everyday living needs!
If you have a passion to help and you're looking to make a difference every day, then Home Instead has an opportunity for you!
We value our CAREGivers and offer the following benefits:
Competitive pay ($16.75 - $18.00/hr) depending on experience and availability
Schedule that works for you
24/7 Office support
401K with an employer match
$$ Referral Bonus $$
Additional pay for weekend and holiday shifts
Teladoc (consultation with a Physician) free to all employees who work 30+ hours a month
The responsibilities include helping seniors thrive from the comfort of their home, building lasting relationships, engage in household activities & duties and assist in personal hygiene care (toileting, bathing, etc.)
How we keep you safe:
Policies, protocols, and procedures in place to monitor and respond to the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure you will be protected while working
We provide appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment)
The Professional CAREGiver will complete a criminal background check, DMV check and drug screen.
Apply today and start sharing your heart.
Our Melrose office services the following communities: Melrose, Stoneham, Wakefield, Malden, Everett, Chelsea, Revere, Lynn, Nahant, East Boston, Lynnfield, Winthrop, and Saugus. For questions, please call 781-662-2273.
1 Nelson Terrace|
|Comfort Inn & Suites Logan Airport||Shuttle Driver|
FT or PT
|Keywords: Shuttle Driver|
Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport
Shuttle Driver -Full Time
The award winning Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport is focused on providing an exceptional experience. Boasting personal guest services, pristine room condition and complimentary breakfast buffet are just a few reasons that the Comfort Inn been awarded the Gold Award by Choice Hotels International. Conveniently located just three miles from Boston Logan International Airport one mile from Revere Beach, America’s First Public Beach, and just minutes from downtown Boston makes the Comfort Inn ideal for any occasion.
The ideal Driver candidate will have an outgoing disposition and friendly personality for customer service. The Shuttle Driver will responsibly and safely transport our guests to and from the airport, as well as local restaurants and businesses. Our Drivers need to have excellent communication skills, and an outgoing personality, as they will interact with guests on a daily basis. Providing guests with a memorable stay is the most important aspect of the hotel. Candidates must have a clean driving record and availability to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Applicants with availability to work afternoons, evenings, and weekends are encouraged to apply.
-Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
-Required to reach, lift, carry, push, pull, grasp, manipulate or otherwise move objects
-Occasional frequency of bending, squatting, twisting, and turning
-Willingness to work in the elements (heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.)
-Required to stand for up to six (6) hours at a time
-Flexible work schedule (days, nights, overnights, weekends)
-A valid Massachusetts Driver’s License and clean driving record
85 American Legion Hwy|
|Comfort Inn & Suites Logan Airport||Front Desk Agent|
FT or PT
|Keywords: Comfort Inn|
Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport
Front Desk Agent - Full Time or Part Time
The award winning Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport is focused on providing an exceptional experience. Boasting personal guest services, pristine room condition and complimentary breakfast buffet are just a few reasons that the Comfort Inn has been awarded the Gold Award by Choice Hotels International. Conveniently located just three miles from Boston Logan International Airport, one mile from Revere Beach, America’s First Public Beach, and just minutes from downtown Boston makes the Comfort Inn ideal for any occasion.
From arrival to departure, the Front Desk Agent manages our guests’ experience at the Comfort Inn & Suites. Their main focus is to provide a warm and friendly welcome to the hotel, assist the guests’ with information about the hotel, and the surrounding area, juggle the ongoing activity in the hotel lobby, and ensure that all guests’ needs are met from a long day of work or play. It is then important to kick start a new day with an upbeat attitude and bright smile. Guest Service Agents are responsible for checking guests in and out of the hotel, assist with reservations, concierge duties, answer phone inquiries and assist with airport shuttle dispatch. A Front Desk Agent will promote an energetic lobby atmosphere and make sure every guest feels at home.
Applicants with availability to work a flexible schedule including nights/weekends are encouraged to apply.
-Must be able to lift up to 25lbs
-Required to stand for up to six (6) hours at a time
-Flexible work schedule (days, nights, weekends)
-At least one (1) year of experience preferred
-Multi-lingual a plus
85 American Legion Hwy|