Website Accessibility Features
This website is built with a few important accessibility features in place, to maximize the City of Revere's ability to reach all of its great residents.
Feature 1. Improve Access for Sight-Impaired
The City and our developer, Aptuitiv, made extra effort to make the website accessible for those with a sight impairment. That includes the following measures:
- Prioritized coding that could be picked up by a screen reader.
- Showing strong color contrast
- Intentional use of white space
- Utilized larger fonts as much as feasible
Feature 2. Easy Find Functions
The City wanted a site where most departmental content could be put on a single page, but not have to display it all at once. Thus what we call the "accordion" design feature that displays content when needed.
We know some users like to search for content on a page by utilizing the "Control-F" search functions on their browser. To make this content easier to find we added two important functionalities to the site.
- We have incorporated an "Expand All"/"Collapse All" feature above each accordion, that opens all accordions on the page.
- When a user utilizes the "Control-F" function in their browser, the site should automatically open all accordions immediate to be able to find the content you seek.
This site can be translated into more than 100 different languages, simply by selecting the icon at the top right of every page.
If you are finding features that are not working for you, have suggestions, or find that the functions above are not working correctly for us, utilize our Feedback Form to let us know.