Coronavirus Update

City Offices closed to the public. 3-1-1 open regular hours. Stay informed about Covid-19.Learn more

Election Department

IMPORTANT NOTICE- In light of the COVID-19 outbreak, the Election Department requests that all Annual City Census forms be returned by US Mail to P.O. Box 246, Revere, MA 02151 or dropped off at one of the following locations; Revere Housing Authority 70 Cooledge Street, St. Jeans Credit Union 171 VFW Parkway, Citizen's Bank 385 Broadway, East Boston Savings Bank 126 Squire Road, or the Post Office Professional Building 300 Broadway Outer lobby. The form is deposited in to the wooden box located in the lobby of each building.

Additionally, online voter registration is available at for residents wanting to register to vote, change their address within Revere, or change their political party. Residents may request paper forms by calling the office or by email at To check your voter status visit
Absentee ballot applications can be requested by calling the Election Department or sending an e-mail to

State Candidates with Nomination papers to be certified can call the office or email to arrange for a time to drop off the Nomination papers.

Notary services will resume when it is safe to do so.

The Election Department directs all Municipal, State and Federal Elections within the City of Revere. We operate with fairness and impartiality while adhering to Massachusetts General Laws, Campaign Finance Laws and the revised ordinances of the City of Revere when assisting candidates and residents in all aspects of the Electoral process. We administer Campaign Finance Law for Candidates and Committees filing on the Municipal level. We promote voter registration and participation in the Electoral process.

Election Results

The Election Department provides access to interactive election results. Check different Elections, different races, sort by ward and precinct or download the raw data. Results are available from 2010 to present.

Check Out Interactive Election Results

We offer a more traditional view of past Election Results.

View Results

About Us

The Election Department serves as a link to the residents of the City of Revere by conducting an Annual City Census.  Every ten years the staff in the Election Department serves as liaisons for the Federal Census.  Census data is used to determine Congressional representation and Legislative Districts.  Census responses provides funding for vital programs in the city to include improved health care services, better roadways, strong public safety measures, expanded education programs and child care services. 

The Election Department provides a variety of supplemental services to assist residents within the community.  We offer proof of residence for a tax abatement, Welcome Home bonuses for Veteran’s, Life certificates for pension renewals, voter identification cards and Notary Public services.  For fees related to these services, please contact our office. 

All services relating to Elections including voter registration services and changes to voter registrations are also provide by the Election Department.

Current Events





  • Press release Complete Count Committee Meeting English.      Press release Complete Count Committee Meeting Spanis
  • In March an invitation to respond online to the 2020 Federal census will be sent to all households in the City of Revere.  Anyone with questions is encouraged to contact the Election Department for assistance.  

  • The 2020 Annual City Census for the City of Revere was sent out by US Mail on January 17, 2020.  Every residence in the City of Revere will receive an Annual City Census form.  If you don't receive your Annual City Census form by Friday, January 31, 2020 please contact the Election Department and one will be sent to you.  In order to maintain an active voting status a response to the 2020 Annual City Census is needed.   

Apply to be a Poll Worker
Provide your services to the community and earn a fair wage by working at the polls on Election Day.

Voter Information

Notary Services

The Election Department provides Notary services as needed between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.  Residents seeking Notary services are requested to call the Election Department prior to their visit to review the requirements.

Campaign Finance Reporting

Candidates and committees in city elections usually file three campaign finance reports in an election cycle: one before a Preliminary Election, a second before the general election and a third on January 20 of the following year.  If there is no Preliminary Election in the city, only two reports are required: one is due eight days before the November Election and the second is due on January 20 of the following year. 

The report for the Office of Mayor is filed online through the Office of Campaign and Political Finance.  The reports for all other Offices on the ballot are filed with the Election Department. 

Campaign Finance reports are maintained on the cities website for six years from the date of the relevant Election.

View the candidates previously filed Campaign Finance reports.

Additional information is available by visiting the website of the
Office of Campaign and Political Finance (OCPF).

Census Information

During the first week of January each year, the Election Department sends a census form to each residence in the city.  We request that you update your household information upon receipt and send it back to our office as soon as possible.  If you are new to the city or have not filled out your census for the current year, contact the Election Department and one will be sent to you to complete and return.

In May of each year, we send confirmation cards to all voters who have not replied, requesting that they attest to and/or update their census information.  Voters that do not return the confirmation card before August 1 are required to complete an Affirmation of Current and Continuous Residence and provide identification on Election Day.  

The Federal Census is different from the Annual City Census.  The Federal Census is sent every ten years to every residence in the City of Revere.  Each response received is worth $2,300.00 to the City in Federal funding and Congressional representation.

If you have any questions call the Election Department at 781-286-8200.

Forms and Links

Board of Election Commissioners

In 1952, the Board of Election Commissioners was established through Chapter 424 of the Acts of 1952, An Act Abolishing the Board of Registrars of Voters of the City of Revere and Establishing a Board of Election Commissioners.  The Special Act of the Massachusetts Legislature is part of the City Charter of the City of Revere. The Board of Election Commissioners consists of four persons, of whom two shall always represent each one of the two leading political parties, as defined in section one of chapter fifty of the Massachusetts General Laws.  Appointments to the Board of Election Commissioners are for four years beginning April first, except that any appointment to fill a vacancy shall be for the unexpired term. 

The Board organizes annually in the month of April to choose a Chairman.  The Secretary keeps a full and accurate record of the proceedings of the Board meetings and shall cause such notices as the Board may require to be properly posted.

Member Position
Elizabeth Dixon Board Member
John V. Cammarata Board Member
Diane R. Colella Secretary

Frequently Asked Questions

Contact Information & Hours
Office Hours
Mon.-Thur. 8:15am-5pm
Fri. 8:15am-12:15pm
Notary Services
Diane R. Colella
Election Commissioner

781-286-8200 X1
Caitlin C. Welch
Assistant Election Commissioner
781-286-8200 X3
Jennifer Diaz
Senior Clerk
781-286-8200 X2
Lisa M. Costanzo
781-286-8200 X4