Revere Food Trucks
Historically, mobile food vendor operation in the City of Revere was restricted to temporary special events in specific areas of the city. Building on the success of these events, the City is committed to leveraging the mobile food vendor business model, particularly its low start-up costs, to provide an entrepreneurial opportunity to individuals with limited economic resources while simultaneously diversifying the food offerings within the city. The Mobile Food Vendor Program is to be overseen by Maggie Haney, Administrative Assistant in the Office of the License Commission.
This year, the Mobile Food Vendor Program will be operating as a pilot program, so all procedures are subject to change. Vendors will be asked to provide feedback on this program.
Food Truck Locations
The map below displays the locations where food trucks have been licensed to operate. Click on each location to find out the times and days of the week food trucks can be found at these sites. Scroll to the Food Truck Schedule below to see a schedule of which food trucks will be found at these sites on which dates.
All food truck locations will have trucks from 11am to 8pm, with a "shift change" scheduled each day at 3:30pm for a new truck to come in.
*Operating a food truck anywhere in the city without the authorization of the Revere License Commission is strictly prohibited.
- Apply to the Revere License Commission’s online application and submit your application here.
- Enter the City of Revere's equitable lottery system to allocate the specified rotation of times and locations for your food truck here: Lottery Application
- If approved by the Revere License Commission for a Revere Beach location, the operator must also apply for a DCR Short Term Commercial Permit application here: https://www.mass.gov/service-details/short-term-commercial-permits - please note that mobile food vendor operators will be responsible for paying DCR directly with credit or debit card only.
- Each application to the Revere License Commission has a fee of $125 and once approved by the Commission, there is an annual fee of $500 for each food truck for each calendar year.
Food Truck Fees
|Type||City of Revere||DCR|
|Annual License Fee||$500||-|
|Short Term Commercial Permit Fee - Weekly||-||$200|
|Short Term Commercial Permit Fee - Monthly||-||$850|
|Health Permit Fee||$50||-|
|Fire Permit Fee||$50||-|
|Special Event License||$100 plus $50 for each participating food truck||-|
A one-time, limited, or temporary occurrence or activity that occurs in a specified place on a particular date(s) and during a fixed interval of time.
- Special event organizer or sponsor applies for permit and appears before the commission and states the request for a food truck(s) at said event
- Identify food truck(s) to participate in said event present evident that the food truck(s) is properly licensed by the commission or licensed to operate in another city or town.
- The fee for a special event license is $100, plus $50 for each participating food truck.
Tues. 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wed. 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Thur. 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.