Revere Mobile Market

Due to extreme temperatures on 2/4/23, the CHA Revere Mobile Market has been canceled.

Zoning map

 Zoning and Permitting

If you are looking to build upon, change the use of, or otherwise alter substantial parts of your residential or commercial space, you may need to acquire the relevant zoning or permitting approvals. Much of Revere’s permitting system is online via the CitizenServe platform; further guidance for the online permitting platform is provided below. Other projects may require a special permit or some other form of documentation. For further assistance, please see the contact information below. 


Frank Stringi
Chief Planner
(781) 286-8183
City Hall, 281 Broadway, Mezzanine Level, Revere, MA 02151

Julie Demauro
Transportation Manager
(781) 286-8174
City Hall, 281 Broadway, Mezzanine Level, Revere, MA 02151

Louis Cavagnaro
Inspector of Buildings
(781) 286-8196
American Legion Building, Basement, 249R Broadway, Revere, 02151

Site Plan Review

The purpose of Site Plan Review is to ensure that the design and layout of new commercial, industrial, and residential developments will be beneficial to the neighborhoods and environment of the City of Revere. Site Plan Review is required for all new construction projects over 1,000 gross square feet of building area. The Site Plan Review process and committee is governed by Zoning Ordinance Chapter 17.17 as established by the City Council.

Site Plan Review is held every Tuesday morning at 10:00 AM in the Council Chambers in City Hall and is presided over by the Site Plan Review Committee (SPRC). Site Plan Review applications are due by Wednesday at 4PM for the following week’s Site Plan Review meeting; late applications will be reviewed at the next meeting. Information on Site Plan Review applications can be found on the “Permitting Applications” section below. For further assistance or Site Plan Review scheduling, please contact Frank Stringi at 781-286-8181 x 20313

Public Records Requests
For Site Plan Review Records Requests (prior to 2018), follow the steps for Building Department Public Records Requests. For anything prior to 2018 contact the City Clerk.  

Site Plan Review Committee (SPRC)
SPRC Membership
Nick Rystrom, City Engineer
Mark Locke, Plumbing Inspector
Paul Argenzio, DPW Superintendent
Paul Cheever, Fire Department
Louis Cavagnaro, Acting Inspector of Buildings
Frank Stringi, City Planner
Dana Brangiforte, City Assessor
David Callahan, Police Chief 

Permitting Applications


The City has moved to an entirely online permit application process for permits within the Building Department. This includes applications for Building, Plumbing, Gas, Electric, Mechanical and Sheet Metal permits. You can also apply for a Certificate of Occupancy. These are all under the Permit Project area. Applications for Site Plan Review can also be made at CitizenServe, in the Development Project area.

The steps are easy.

  1. Visit (if you get a 404 error hit refresh and it should work).
  2. Log in, or create an account if you haven’t already. Licensed contractors must choose the type of contractor account they are licensed for, and must upload a copy or photo of their license and put in their expiration date. You also must upload a workers comp affidavit, regardless of your business size. Be sure to put an accurate email address, and write down your login and password.
  3. Apply for a Permit. Select the permit type and subtype, make sure to put an accurate address. Visit if you are unsure of the accurate assessing address. Then answer accurately all the questions that are relevant for your permit, as well as any Required questions.
  4. After you submit, you should hear something from the inspector within 2 weeks. If you fail to put in accurate information, don’t upload the right documents, or fail to provide a copy of your license and Workers’ Comp affidavit, you will receive an “Documents Missing” email. Your permit won’t be able to move forward until you have updated the information, and your request will go to the back to the line for review.

Check out the E-Permitting Guide for more assistance, or contact 3-1-1 (781-286-8311) (if you get a 404 error hit refresh and it should work).

Special Permit

Applicants seeking a special permit for their property will have to complete the Special Permit Application.

Provide Website Feedback

There was a problem with your submission. Please correct the issues below

* Required Fields

Please wait…