Coronavirus Update

Stay informed about Covid-19.Learn more


Free Covid-19 testing is available at the Revere High School and at Suffolk Downs. Details here


Office of the City Clerk

The City Clerk accurately preserves public records, establish, maintain, correct, index and certify all vital statistics and to perform various other duties as may be required by Massachusetts General Laws. We also provide administrative support to the City Council.

Birth, Death, and Marriage Records

We maintain custody of all birth, marriage, and death records dating back to the late 1800s while following Massachusetts General Laws regulating these documents. Each year, we register almost 2,000 new entries.

Business Certificates

A business certificate is simply a statement that one or more persons (or a corporation) is conducting a business under a name other than their own.  It does not grant any type of license to operate the business, nor does it permit the legal use of the address provided. 

Any individual conducting business under any title other than the complete real name of the owner, whether individually or as a partnership.  Inc., Corp., Ltd., LLC may only be used by a corporation, however, any corporation doing business in a name other than the corporate officer must file the corporate name.  Upon discontinuing, retiring or withdrawing from such business or partnership, or in the case of a change of residence of such person or of the location where the business is conducted such a change must be filed with the City Clerk.  A business certificate is in force and in effect for four (4) years from the date of issue.  A new filing must be made every four years as long as the business is conducted.  Violations of these provisions shall be subject to a fine of not more than three hundred dollars ($300.) for each month during which such violation continues.

Dog Licenses

In accordance with the provisions of Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 140, Section 137 the owner of any dog over the age of 6 months shall obtain a license for the dog.  The City Clerk shall not grant a license for a dog unless the owner of the dog provides proof that the dog is currently vaccinated for rabies, or provides proof that the dog is exempt from receiving a rabies vaccination in accordance with MGL, Chapter 140, Section 145B.

Your dog must be licensed in order to use the West Revere Dog Park.


The City Clerk’s Office will be taking appointment requests marriage license applications and wedding ceremonies at City Hall for Revere Residents via email at or by calling 781-286-8160.  Appointments are available Monday through Thursday –  9:00AM, 11:00AM, 2:00PM, or 4:00PM, and Friday - 9:00AM or 11:00AM.  Please have the following information available when booking your appointment:  name of both parties, phone number, and planned date of marriage.

Forms and Links

City Council Public Notices and Open Meeting Law Information

In accordance with the Massachusetts Open Meeting Law, all council meeting agendas and minutes are available. You can also view videos of Council Meetings.

Public Record Requests

In accordance with the Massachusetts Public Records Law, Mass. Gen. Laws, ch. 66, § 6A(c), the following Records Access Officers shall be contacted to assist with public records requests. For more information visit our Public Records page.

Recent Ordinances (2020)

Short-Term Rentals
Enacted August 24, 2020


Where can I obtain a list of approved Drain Layers?
Contact Information & Hours
Mon.-Thur. 8:15am-5pm
Fri. 8:15am-12:15pm
Marriage Application Hours
By Appointment and for Revere Residents Only-
Ashley Melnik
City Clerk
Debbie Sheehan
Assistant City Clerk
Robin Zajaczkowski
Assistant City Clerk
Joanne Giarla
Assistant City Clerk
Christine Beals
Assistant City Clerk

There was a problem with your submission. Please correct the issues below

Please check the box below before submitting.

* Required Fields

Please wait…