Revere Trash & Recycling Program
Enter your address in the app below to get the schedule for Trash, Recycling, Yard Waste, Street Sweeping, and Residential Parking on your street.
Purchase Trash/Recycle Cart
The City of Revere is providing each residence with a new blue trash cart. These 65-gallon carts with secure lids will help keep our city clean by keeping trash off the streets and eliminating a food source for rodents. Limiting your waste and separating your waste into recycling and trash also helps the city save money.
Single Stream Recycling
Recycling in the City of Revere is every other week. The City is divided into Green and Red Weeks for recycling purposes. See the schedule above to see if your address is on a Green or Red Schedule, and to see which color the current week falls into.
All recyclables can be placed into one container. You do not have to separate your paper, plastic, metal or glass. No sorting is necessary.
If you have issues or questions about recycling, the schedule, or your recycle bin call 3-1-1 (781-286-8311).
What to Recycle...
Please rinse all glass bottles, jars,tubs and plastic microwave trays/containers. Caps, lids, pumps, wraps, labels and detergent spouts may be left on. All paper and cardboard must be clean and dry. Corrugated cardboard, flatten, cut up 3' x 3' x 1' or less, box or bundle, do not use string, if cardboard will not fit into your tote, place beside or under your tote. Flatten all cardboard, cereal and snack boxes after removing plastic-coated liners. You can also recycle newspaper, white paper, colored paper, glossy newspaper inserts, brochures, junk mail, manila envelopes, phonebooks, envelopes, and brown paper bags.
DO NOT RECYCLE PLASTIC BAGS, TISSUES, PAPER TOWELS, PIZZA BOXES.
All recyclables can be placed into one container. You do not have to separate your paper, plastic, metal or glass. PUT LOOSELY IN CART. Do not put IN bags (brown paper or plastic)
NO AEROSOL OR PAINT CANS!
The Beyond the Bin search tool is next-level recycle searching.
Use it to find out how and where to donate or recycle items that can’t go in your home recycling bin and are too good to trash. Choose from the material categories listed or enter a keyword and your location, then choose an option for drop-off, pick-up, mail-in, and hit search!
A link to MassDEP’s Beyond the Bin Recycling Directory
To find out your property’s trash day see the schedule above.
Capitol Waste Services of Revere may be contacted at 617-569-1718.
Mattress Recycling Program
Effective November 1st, 2022, mattresses are no longer eligible for waste disposal in the state of Massachusetts.
In order to have a mattress or box spring recycled, please adhere to the following steps to have the items collected curbside-
- Residents must purchase a mattress or box spring sticker in person at the Inspectional Services Department located at 249R Broadway.
- Stickers are $35 per item/$25 for seniors. Residents are limited to 2 items per household weekly.
- Upon purchase, residents will receive a mattress bag-
- First, place the sticker on the mattress/box spring
- Then insert the item into the mattress bag
- Place the item curbside on your scheduled collection day. Mattresses and box springs are only picked up on Fridays.
***Mattresses or Box springs will not be collected if it is wet, soiled, or not in the city-issued mattress bag***
Bulky Item Pickup is now online. This refers to but not limited to: tables, chairs, sofas, love seats, bureaus, shelving, coffee tables, end tables, entertainment centers, mirrors, beds, box springs, bicycles, lawn furniture.
- Submit a Bulky Item Pickup (register for an account first).
- Bulky Item Pickup List and Fee Schedule
- More Information about the Bulky Item pickup Program.
Visit www.revere.org/permitting to create a log-in and “apply for a permit” that will allow you to request bulky item pickup.
Saturday DPW Disposal Services
**IMPORTANT** The Saturday Disposal Service is discontinued until further notice due to the construction of the new DPW Facility. The City is working on alternative methods for residents; any applicable updates will be posted here.
For more information, this guide may useful for what items can be picked up through Bulky Item and what can be brought to the DPW Yard.
Also use the Waste Wizard in the Trash and Street Sweeping App.
Ordinances for Waste Disposal
The City will issue tickets and fines for violations of the State Sanitary Code and the City Health Code. This includes violations of the trash ordinances. Fines range from $25 to $250 per offense and each day that a violation exists is considered a separate offense. Unpaid fines will be enforced by a means of a lien on real property. Violations of the City's trash laws include:
- Trash placed outside before 3 PM on the day preceding collection (on holiday weeks, fines will be issued if trash is placed out before 3 PM of the day preceding the actual collection day)
- Dumpsters or barrels overflowing
- Accumulation of garbage or litter on property
- Commercial trash placed curbside for residential collection
- Construction, demolition debris, etc. prohibited from curbside collection
YARD WASTE: Leaves, grass and other easily raked material will be picked up every other week on your regular trash day. Brush can be no longer than 3 inches in diameter and 4 feet long. All materials must be in brown paper leaf bags or open barrels. You can download the City's 2021 Trash, Recycling and Yard Waste Calendar calendar.
The Pink Bag / Textile Recycling Program is a great way to get rid of items that can be reused. It is easy, and it saves taxpayers money too. Residents must schedule their pick-up online here https://simplerecycling.com/.
Pink bags are no longer required for the program. Bags, boxes, or any other type of storage can be placed at your front door preceding your scheduled pick-up day.
Trash and recycling is collected one day late following these holidays.
- New Year’s Day - January
- Martin Luther King Day - January
- President's Day - February
- Patriot's Day - April
- Memorial Day - May
- Juneteenth- June
- Independence Day - July
- Labor Day - September
- Columbus Day - October
- Veteran's Day - November
- Thanksgiving Day - November
- Christmas Day - December
Holidays in bold are also overflow weeks, meaning you are permitted to put out more than the single cart of trash without penalty.
The City requires that each residence only place out trash in a single City-provided Trash Cart. You have two options for trash overflow.
- You can bring any additional trash bags to the DPW Yard (351 Charger Rear) on the last Saturday of the month, and pay a $3 additional fee.
- In the six designated Overflow Holidays (see the Holidays section), additional barrels are permitted.
City ordinances require that Inspectional Service Department inspectors issue fines for improper overflow trash.
Frequently Asked Questions
The blue trash cart is for your weekly trash disposal. Only the blue city-issued barrels may be used for weekly trash collection EXCEPT during the six weeks designated for overflow curbside pickup.
- Purchase Trash/Recycle Cart
- Trash, Recycling and Yard Waste Calendar
- Single Stream Recycling
- What to Recycle...
- Trash Collection
- Mattress Recycling Program
- Bulky Item
- Saturday DPW Disposal Services
- Ordinances for Waste Disposal
- Trash Violations
- Yard Waste
- Pink Bags
- Holiday Schedule
- Overflow Options
- Frequently Asked Questions