Apply for a Permit
The City of Revere now requires that all permits overseen by Building Department staff be applied for online only through the City’s epermitting portal (if you get a 404 error hit refresh and it should work). This includes Building, Plumbing, Gas, Electrical, Mechanical, Sheet Metal Permit, a Certificate of Occupancy, or for Site Plan Review.*
(if you get a 404 error hit refresh and it should work)
Due to the particularly high level of construction taking place in the City at the moment, please allow extra time to await a response from the Building Department.
Note that by state law, any contractor who has not uploaded into the system a valid contractor license or completed a Workers’ Compensation Affidavit will not be issued a permit until the correct information is made available.
You must provide a working email address where responses from the Building Department can be sent and will be read. Responses may include corrections needed on your application, or a request for payment for an approved permit.
* IMPORTANT: Weekly Site Plan Review Submission Deadline. To fully comply with the Massachusetts Open Meeting Law, Site Plan Review applications are due no later than 4PM on the Wednesday preceding the next regularly scheduled Site Plan Review Committee meeting. Applications received after the deadline will be placed on the agenda for the following regularly scheduled Site Plan Review Committee meeting.
Public Records Request
Building Department Permits Applied for Since 2018 are Available to View Online.
The City makes permit applications, permit reviews, inspections, and documents available for public view for all permit applications in CitizenServe. The City has been using CitizenServe since March, 2018. We urge the public to utilize this system prior to contacting department staff. If you are unable to find what you are seeking in this system, we are definitely happy to provide any assistance you need.
Steps to View Online Permits
- Visit www.revere.org/permitting. If you get an error message, just refresh your browser and it should pop up. This happens sometimes.
- Register for an account or Log in. Click the Login icon at the top right. If you are new to Citizenserve you will have to register by creating a username and password.
- Search. Once logged in, click on the Search menu item at the top of the page.
- File Type: In the File Type dropdown you will see three options: Permits, Licensing and Developmental projects.
- For Building Department Permits, including Building, Electrical, Plumbing, Gas, Sheet Metal, Mechanical, and more, select Permits.
- For any health-related annual licenses select Health, including food, dumpster, others.
- For Site Plan Review select Development Projects
- Enter the address. For better results, we advise entering only the street number and street name, without adding in the suffix "street", "road", "ave", etc.
- Permits are applied for at their legal assessing address. Sometimes the Post Office has a different address listed than the legal address in our Assessing Department database. If that occurs you can find the legal address by map or database, or enter the Parcel ID if you have that.
- This search would only work for permits applied since March, 2018. Anything prior to that date you should put your request through the City Clerk.
Forms and Links
To terminate an Electrical Permit application, you must complete this document and obtain a registered notary signature
To cancel an issued permit, you must complete this document and obtain a registered notary signature
Anyone seeking to construct, alter, or demolish a structure or install a sign must first obtain a building permit from a building inspector at the Inspectional Services Department. The building permit must be obtained before the start of any work and must be prominently posted at the job site.
(Notary Public services now available)
Senior Building Inspector
Local Building Inspector