Public Health Division
The City of Revere Department of Public Department urges residents to stay updated on the latest information about the international Coronavirus outbreak.
From the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
From Massachusetts DPH
The City of Revere Health Department is monitoring federal and state advisories in dealing with the coronavirus. In the meantime, we recommend residents follow these basic preventative measures to protect yourself against flu and illness:
- Avoid close contact with others, especially anyone with symptoms or who is likely be exposed to symptoms.
- Stay home when you have symptoms.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when sneezing or coughing, quickly dispose of the tissue.
- WASH YOUR HANDS THOROUGHLY immediately after disposing of a tissue or using the bathroom.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Influenza can remain active on some surfaces for hours.
Remember, people with the flu are most contagious during the first 3 or 4 days after the illness begins, but a person can be contagious even a day before symptoms develop. Check this website for updates.
10 Essential Services
The department is focused on prevention and control of communicable diseases, emergency preparedness, promotion of healthy living and school health. The Public Health Department supports and promotes the national standards for local public health departments, known as the 10 Essential Public Health Services.
- Monitor health status to identify community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
- Assure a competent public health and personal healthcare workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.
This work is accomplished with the assistance of many city departments including (but not limited to):
- Inspectional Services
- Substance Use Disorder Initiatives
- Healthy Community Initiatives
- North Suffolk Public Health Collaborative
- Board of Health Fee Schedule
- Asthma Prevention
- Bureau of Community Health and Prevention
- Child and Youth Violence Prevention
- Mosquito Information
- Mosquito Control Information for Revere and for the Salt Marsh.
- North Suffolk Integrated Community Needs Assessment
- Sexual and Domestic Violence Prevention
- Suicide Prevention
- Tobacco Cessation and Prevention
- Women’s Health Network
- Worksite Wellness
Required for any abutters for Chicken Keeping Licenses
Required for any property owners for Chicken Keeping Licenses
Board of Health
Residents may request spray treatments for mosquitoes by completing a service request form to Northeast Mosquito Control from June 1st to September 30th, from Sunday, 7:00 AM through Wednesday noon for the current week. Please click on this link to submit your service request: