Sign up for email/text updates about our Covid-19 response.
Revere Covid-19 confirmed Case Information
|7 Day Average Per Capita (100K pop)||Total Deceased|
Mayor's most recent Press Release
To report a suspected Covid-unhealthy gathering, please call 781-284-1212.
October 21, 2020 Virtual Town Hall with Mayor Arrigo, Revere Fire Chief Bright and Dr. Kong
One of the most important ways of preventing the virus is to increase testing. Testing options remain limited, but the City is working hard to ensure access to additional testing resources are made available to our residents wherever possible.
Stop The Spread Free Testing Sites
Mayor Brian Arrigo and the Revere Board of Health have announced two free COVID-19 testing sites will operate at Revere High School and the Markey Footbridge on Revere Beach Boulevard from July 27- December 31 as part of the Baker-Polito Administration Stop the Spread initiative. Walk-up and drive-thru testing will be available Monday through Saturday in the Revere High School parking lot and the Markey Footbridge on Revere Beach Blvd at no cost, with no insurance, no identification and no appointment required. Results will be communicated to the individual within 2-3 days.
Please note: The following hours are weather permitting.
If it's raining, the testing site will likely be closed.
The testing site hours of operation at Revere High School are: *
- Monday, 4PM-8PM
- Tuesday, 4PM-8PM
- Wednesday, 4PM-8PM
- Thursday, 4PM-8PM
- Friday, 4PM-8PM
- Saturday, 7AM-11AM
The testing site hours of operation at Revere Beach are:
- Monday, 12PM-4PM
- Tuesday, 3PM-7PM
- Wednesday, 12PM-4PM
- Thursday, 3PM-7PM
- Friday, 3PM-7PM
- Saturday, 12PM-4PM
EXPRESS COVID-19 TESTING SITE AT SUFFOLK DOWNS
Express COVID-19 Testing Site at Suffolk Downs is now open. Pre-registration is required via www.beacontesting.com. This test is drive-thru only and a self-swab test. The site is located across the street from the Shops @ Suffolk Downs on Tomasello Way at 31 Furlong Drive in Revere, MA. You can access the site from either Revere Beach Parkway or Route 1A (William McClellan Parkway). We recommend accessing it from Route 1A to drive directly into the queue.
Here's the schedule for upcoming week:
- Saturday, 10/24: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Sunday, 10/25: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Monday, 10/26: Closed
- Tuesday, 10/27: 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, 10/28: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Thursday, 10/29: 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Friday, 10/30: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Saturday, 10/31: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Additional Testing Options
These locations require No Insurance, No PCP, No Questions Asked.
- East Boston Health Center. Call 617-569-5800 and follow prompts to register for testing. You must register. You don’t need to schedule an appointment time, just show up on the day you have scheduled. Confirm verbally on the phone that an order has been placed for your test. They text you a link to an app where you can view your results. The location is at 79 Paris Street Monday-Friday 8am-12pm, 1pm-5pm and Saturday from 10am-12 pm, 1 pm-3pm. They are closed on Sundays.
- Beth Israel Deaconess at 1000 Broadway in Chelsea has both a walk-in tent and an appointment tent.
- MGH Chelsea Healthcare at 100 Everett Ave in Chelsea also has walk-in testing available.
October Food Menu Flyers:
Effective August 20: Please note some food information has changed.
The City of Revere has updated it's food services. Please note that our Wednesday night food pantry and Monday/Thursday pop-up events have changed locations. Tuesday/Friday Grab n Go meal service has ended.
Weekly Food Pantry. The First Congregational Church's Food Pantry is currently being held at the League of Special Needs building, 196 Winthrop Ave. and is open every Wednesday night, 7:00-8:30 PM. This weekly food pantry is free and open to all Revere residents. Drive-ups encouraged but walk-ups welcomed. Residents will receive a bag of non-perishable food items to last their household 5-7 days. Please do not arrive early.
Free Student Lunches. Starting on September 18th, Revere Public Schools is offering free meals to students of all ages on Tuesdays and Fridays at all elementary school locations. Click here for full details.
Pop-Up Food Box Pick-Up and Delivery. The City of Revere hosts weekly food programs that serve free boxes to Revere residents. For the month of October, we expect them to contain meat, milk, liquid eggs, butter, cheese, potatoes, and some fresh produce. These programs are held at the Rumney Marsh Academy's parking lot at 140 American Legion Highway. Please check the Revere On The Move Facebook page for days and times. These events are rain or shine. Pre-registration is not required but supplies are limited. Limit 1-2 boxes per household. Families are welcome to wait until the end of the event to take extra boxes home.
If you’re in need of a delivery of one of these boxes, please email the coordinator. Requests for delivery must be sent weekly. Delivery requests will be accommodated as long as we have enough volunteers to meet demand. Boxes can always be picked up.
Food Delivery. The City of Revere delivers non-perishable food items to residents who have mobility issues or are under medical quarantines. Deliveries take place Monday-Friday and typically take 24 hours to process. To request a delivery, residents must call 3-1-1 or 781-286-8311.
Cambridge Health Alliance Mobile Market. Located at the Revere Care Center on 454 Broadway (back parking lot) and will take place on October 3, November 7, December 5 from 10:30 AM–11:30 AM. Open to all for free fresh fruits and vegetables. For more information, please email PRODUCE@challiance.org
Veterans Food Pantry. First Wednesday of the month 10:00 AM-12:30 PM at American Legion at 249 Broadway in Revere. Available for Revere Veterans ONLY. Would you like to learn more? Please email the coordinator or the Veterans’ Affairs Director.
Farmers Market. Revere host’s a Farmer’s Market every Friday, 12:00-4:00 PM at 249 Broadway, next to City Hall. Our city’s Farmer’s Market is held on the lawn outside the American Legion building on Broadway. The market is open every Friday, July 10th-October 30th. You may order online for curbside pick-up or delivery every Friday. Vendors accept SNAP/HIP, WIC, and Senior FMNP vouchers!
*Are you in need of safe, reliable transportation due to the COVID crisis? The City of Revere has a program that may be able to help. Email our Outreach Coordinator to learn more about our city’s transportation tools and how you may be eligible.
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts is tracking 6 key metrics as part of reopening businesses. Daily results from the State's Daily Covid-19 Dashboard are posted below.
Advisory discouraging Halloween Treat or Treating
State Thanksgiving Guidelines
City of Revere's Rental Assistance Program details
City of Revere's Mortgage Assistance Program details
March 19, 2020
April 15, 2020
Mass DPH Guidelines
Information from Massachusetts Department of Labor
Information from the Revere Infrastructure Team
A page dedicated to dispelling Coronavirus-related rumors.
Expanded Internet Access
Comcast has committed to extending the option for new Internet Essentials customers to receive 60 days of service without charge through December 31, 2020.
COVID-19 has had a tremendous impact on nearly every aspect of our daily lives. Across Comcast, NBCUniversal, and Sky, we are working hard to do everything we can to support our customers, employees, and communities during this unprecedented time.
Comcast has opened up all WiFi hotspots for free public use. Visit https://corporate.comcast.com/covid-19 for more information.
Low-income families who live in Revere can sign up for 60 days of complimentary Internet Essentials service, which is normally available to all qualified low-income households for $9.95/month.
To sign up, applicants can simply visit www.internetessentials.com. The accessible website also includes the option to video chat with customer service agents in American Sign Language. There are also two dedicated phone numbers 1-855-846-8376 for English and 1-855-765-6995 for Spanish.
At the beginning of this event, RCN made the following commitments that will now be extended through December 31, 2020:
- We are doing our part for the broader community. RCN is offering free internet and WiFi for 60 days to all qualifying low-income households, especially students in low income households who do not already subscribe to our internet service and who enroll in the Internet First program.
- The Internet First program is affordable internet designed to help families and students in low-income households to have reliable access to the internet. It will enable them to home school, do homework, and access educational resources and more. RCN is partnering with school districts to ensure local communities are aware of these tools to help students learn remotely.
- The Internet First program includes 25Mbps high-speed internetservice at $9.95 per month and is available to all eligible new residential customers who do not currently have RCN service. Installation fees will be waived for eligible students and new customers.
- RCN will not terminate service to any residential or business customerbecause of their inability to pay their bills due to disruptions caused by COVID-19. Customers can reach out to make special arrangements to keep services active.
- RCN will waive any late fees that any residential or small business customer might normally incur because of their economic circumstance related to COVID-19.
Raise Up Revere
Key aspects to note in the data below: Revere positivity rates are lower, but still among the highest in the state. Revere per 100K daily case averages have dropped below 20. To get out of the Red Zone as set by the state, Revere needs that number to drop under 8 cases per day per 100,000 people.
This data is updated weekly. Last Updated October 15. Next Update October 23.
Data and Testing FAQ
Sign up for email/text updates about our Covid-19 response.
Regístrese para recibir actualizaciones por correo electrónico / texto sobre nuestra respuesta Covid-19.
Chief of Health and Human Services