Sign up for email/text updates about our Covid-19 response.
Revere Covid-19 confirmed Case Information
|Total Deceased||Total Recovered|
Mayor's most recent Press Release
July 31, 2020 Message from Dr. Nathalee Kong, Chair, Revere Board of Health
One of the most important ways of preventing the virus is to increase testing. Testing options remain limited, but the City is working hard to ensure access to additional testing resources are made available to our residents wherever possible.
Stop The Spread Free Testing Site
Mayor Brian Arrigo and the Revere Board of Health have announced a free COVID-19 testing site will operate at Revere High School from July 27- August 13 as part of the Baker-Polito Administration Stop the Spread initiative. Walk-up and drive-thru testing will be available Monday through Saturday in the Revere High School parking lot at no cost, with no insurance, no identification and no appointment required. Results will be communicated to the individual within 2-3 days.
The testing site hours of operation are:
- Monday, 7AM-11AM
- Tuesday, 3PM-8PM
- Wednesday, 7AM-11AM
- Thursday, 3PM-8PM
- Friday, 7AM-11AM
- Saturday, 3PM-8PM
Additional Testing Options
These locations require No Insurance, No PCP, No Questions Asked.
- East Boston Health Center. Call 617-569-5800 and follow prompts to register for testing. You must register. You don’t need to schedule an appointment time, just show up on the day you have scheduled. Confirm verbally on the phone that an order has been placed for your test. They text you a link to an app where you can view your results. The location is at 79 Paris Street Monday-Friday 8am-12pm, 1pm-5pm and Saturday from 10am-12 pm, 1 pm-3pm. They are closed on Sundays.
- Beth Israel Deaconess at 1000 Broadway in Chelsea has both a walk-in tent and an appointment tent.
- MGH Chelsea Healthcare at 100 Everett Ave in Chelsea also has walk-in testing available.
August Food Menu Flyers:
Weekly Food Pantry. The First Congregational Church's Food Pantry is currently being held at the Rumney Marsh Academy, 140 American Legion Highway, and is open every Wednesday night from 7:00-8:30 PM. This weekly food pantry is free and open to all Revere residents. Drive-ups encouraged but walk-ups welcomed. Residents will receive a bag of non-perishable food items to last their household 5-7 days. Please note the food pantry now serves dinner meals! Sponsored by Off Their Plate & World Central Kitchen, Ready to eat dinner meals by Pagu Restaurant are now served weekly at the Revere Food Pantry at RMA (140 American Legion Highway). Every Wednesday 7:00-8:30 PM. Individual & family portions available!
Pop-Up Food Service Program. The City of Revere hosts two weekly food programs that serve free fresh fruit and vegetable boxes to Revere residents. These programs are held twice a week at the Rumney Marsh Academy, 140 American Legion Highway. Monday: 3:30-5:30 PM & Thursday: 1:00-2:00 PM. These events are rain or shine. Pre-registration is not required but supplies are limited. Limit 1-2 boxes per household. Families are welcome to wait until the end of the event to take extra boxes home.
Free Breakfast and Lunch with Revere Public Schools. The Revere Public Schools is proud to present their Summer Food Program for its 25th summer. This program provides free breakfast and lunch to children 18 and under from June 22, 2020 to August 27, 2020. Children will receive meals for all 7 days. Distribution will be Mondays (3 day pick up) and Thursdays (4 day pick up) at the Beachmont School and Revere High School, 10:30 AM-12:30 PM
Grab and Go Meal Service. Open to all Revere residents, we now serve grab and go meals every Tuesday and Friday (PLEASE NOTE SCHEDULE CHANGE) from 9:00 AM-11:00 AM at the Rumney Marsh Academy, 140 American Legion Highway. Drive-ups encouraged and walk-ups welcomed. On Tuesday you will be able to pick up 3 days of meals and on Friday you can pick up 4 days of meals.
Produce Box Pick-Up and Delivery. Every Wednesday the City of Revere receives a small shipment of produce boxes containing various fruits and vegetables. These boxes are available to be delivered to or picked up by residents on a first come, first served basis. If you’re interested in ordering one of these produce boxes, please email the coordinator. Requests for delivery must be sent weekly and before Tuesday at 3:00 PM. Deliveries are extremely limited but residents may also make an appointment to pick up the box Wednesday or Thursday. Boxes are distributed as long as supplies last.
Food Delivery. The City of Revere delivers non-perishable food items to residents who have mobility issues or are under medical quarantines. Deliveries take place Monday-Friday and typically take 24 hours to process. To request a delivery, residents must call 3-1-1 or 781-286-8311.
Cambridge Health Alliance Mobile Market. Located at the Revere Care Center on 454 Broadway (back parking lot) and will take place on July 11, August 1, and September 12 from 10:30 AM–11:30 AM. Open to all for free fresh fruits and vegetables. For more information, please email PRODUCE@challiance.org.
Veterans Food Pantry. First Wednesday of the month 10am-12:30pm at American Legion at 249 Broadway in Revere. The next date is Wednesday, July 8th - Available for Revere Veterans ONLY. Would you like to learn more? Please email the coordinator or the Veterans’ Affairs Director.
Farmers Market. Revere host’s a Farmer’s Market every Friday, 12:00-6:00 PM at 249 Broadway, next to City Hall. Our city’s Farmer’s Market is held on the lawn outside the American Legion building on Broadway. The market is open every Friday, July 10th-October 30th. You may order online for curbside pick-up or delivery every Friday. Vendors accept SNAP/HIP, WIC, and Senior FMNP vouchers! If you complete your 2020 Census you receive a $20 shopping card.
*Are you in need of safe, reliable transportation due to the COVID crisis? The City of Revere has a program that may be able to help. Email our Outreach Coordinator to learn more about our city’s transportation tools and how you may be eligible.
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts is tracking 6 key metrics as part of reopening businesses. Daily results from the State's Daily Covid-19 Dashboard are posted below.
|Hospital Patients||Health Readiness||Testing Capacity||Contact Tracing|
June 6, 2020, addressing business operations.
March 19, 2020
April 15, 2020
Mass DPH Guidelines
Information from Massachusetts Department of Labor
Information from the Revere Infrastructure Team
A page dedicated to dispelling Coronavirus-related rumors.
Expanded Internet Access
Comcast has committed to extending the option for new Internet Essentials customers to receive 60 days of service without charge through December 31, 2020.
COVID-19 has had a tremendous impact on nearly every aspect of our daily lives. Across Comcast, NBCUniversal, and Sky, we are working hard to do everything we can to support our customers, employees, and communities during this unprecedented time.
Comcast has opened up all WiFi hotspots for free public use. Visit https://corporate.comcast.com/covid-19 for more information.
Low-income families who live in Revere can sign up for 60 days of complimentary Internet Essentials service, which is normally available to all qualified low-income households for $9.95/month.
To sign up, applicants can simply visit www.internetessentials.com. The accessible website also includes the option to video chat with customer service agents in American Sign Language. There are also two dedicated phone numbers 1-855-846-8376 for English and 1-855-765-6995 for Spanish.
At the beginning of this event, RCN made the following commitments that will now be extended through December 31, 2020:
- We are doing our part for the broader community. RCN is offering free internet and WiFi for 60 days to all qualifying low-income households, especially students in low income households who do not already subscribe to our internet service and who enroll in the Internet First program.
- The Internet First program is affordable internet designed to help families and students in low-income households to have reliable access to the internet. It will enable them to home school, do homework, and access educational resources and more. RCN is partnering with school districts to ensure local communities are aware of these tools to help students learn remotely.
- The Internet First program includes 25Mbps high-speed internetservice at $9.95 per month and is available to all eligible new residential customers who do not currently have RCN service. Installation fees will be waived for eligible students and new customers.
- RCN will not terminate service to any residential or business customerbecause of their inability to pay their bills due to disruptions caused by COVID-19. Customers can reach out to make special arrangements to keep services active.
- RCN will waive any late fees that any residential or small business customer might normally incur because of their economic circumstance related to COVID-19.
Raise Up Revere
Sign up for email/text updates about our Covid-19 response.
Regístrese para recibir actualizaciones por correo electrónico / texto sobre nuestra respuesta Covid-19.
Chief of Health and Human Services
Deputy Director of Department of Public Health