NEW RULES FOR COMMERCIAL VEHICLE PARKING EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2017; COMMERCIAL PARKING PERMITS AVAILABLE JULY 1
June 28, 2017
To all Revere residents and business owners:
This year, in response to concerns from residents about commercial vehicles parked on residential streets that are not registered in Revere, the City of Revere is implementing Important changes to the commercial vehicle parking ordinance.
Please be aware of the following changes, which will be implemented via a warning phase in August, followed by full enforcement in September.
- In order to park a commercial vehicle overnight on a public way within the City of Revere, you must apply for a “Commercial Vehicle Parking Permit, (see attached).” You can mail-in the attached permit application, or submit it in person at the parking clerk's office at City Hall. Your vehicle must also meet the following criteria:
- A valid business certificate must be on file with the City Clerk’s Office for the business associated with the commercial vehicle.
- The Commercial vehicle shall be registered to a Revere address. Alternatively, a letter can be provided on company letterhead stating that the business vehicle is the resident's primary vehicle to take to work each day. Please contact the parking clerk's office for full eligibility information.
- Vehicle shall be under 10,000 pounds - gross manufacturers weight
- Vehicle shall have less than six wheels
- The Traffic Division of the Police Department shall inspect the size of the vehicle and provide a recommendation, on an approved form, to the Parking Clerk on whether said vehicle meets the size criteria.
- Only one (1) commercial vehicle permit will be issued per household
- The permit shall only be valid on the street in which the vehicle is registered.
- The cost of the permit shall be $420 per calendar year starting in 2018. A permit for the remainder of 2017 starting this July will be free if your vehicle meets the criteria;.however, you will have to pay upon renewing for 2018. Permits shall expire on December 31st each year. If permit is lost or stolen, permit will not be replaced under any circumstances.
- Hours of enforcement for overnight commercial parking have been changed from 10:00pm - 8:00am to 8:00pm – 8:00am.
- The price of the violation for overnight parking of a commercial vehicle is increased from $25.00 to $50.00.
If you reside on a street that is also designated as “Resident Parking” you will not require a residential parking sticker in addition to your commercial vehicle permit.
Thank you for your cooperation with this new ordinance. We all have a role to play in making sure vehicles parked on our residential streets are properly registered within the City of Revere.