Department of Public Works
Trash, Recycling and Yard Waste
Look up your address for your street’s Trash, Recycling and Yard Waste schedule
Look up what materials can be recycled, and other information about how to dispose of a wide range of items.
Street Sweeping Schedule
In an effort to keep our streets clean, street sweeping goes from April 1st to December 31st. Please be advised vehicles parked in violations will be subjected to ticketing and towing. Be aware of signage in your neighborhood for applicable parking restrictions.
Look up your address for your street’s Street Sweeping schedule:
- The City GIS system has the street sweeping map and schedule as available options. Once you’re in the GIS, use the quick maps at the upper right of your screen to find the Street Sweeping map.
- PDF of Street Sweeping Schedule
311 Service Requests
All requests for service for the DPW should go through the 311 Department. Whether a pothole, a missed trash pickup, or a downed sign, 311 will work with the DPW to get the request in their system and out to the right workers to complete the service.
Permits and Forms
- Bulky Item Pick Up: Residents can apply and pay to have Bulky Items picked up by Sanitation Collectors. No longer do you need to visit City Hall. Find more Information about the Bulky Item Pickup Program. Printable instructions are also available.
- Temporary Dumpster/Pod: You can apply online for a temporary dumpster or pod, whether on the street or on your property.
Please note the following requirements:
- This permit is only for short-term dumpsters for construction projects or clean-outs. Condo Associations, Food Establishments, and other businesses with permanent dumpsters must use the Dumpster LICENSE section of this site.
- No part of a dumpster may obstruct a sidewalk or crosswalk.
- No dumpster or part of a dumpster will be located in a no-parking area or on a no-parking side of the street or will block a driveway, street opening, or right of way.
- Dumpsters may not be located within 20 feet of an intersection or on a traffic island.
- No part of a dumpster will be located within a fire or ambulance zone or within 10 feet of a fire hydrant.
- No part of a dumpster may block an egress from a home or other building.
- All dumpsters, without exception, must be removed from the public way for scheduled street and catch-basin cleaning and during snow emergencies.
- Driveway Permit: You can apply online for a Driveway Permit with our e-permitting system.
Please note the following requirements:
- Driveways for single and two-family homes must be a minimum of 9 feet in width and a maximum of 20 feet in width
- Minimum and maximum widths for other types of properties differ by district and must comply with the City's Code of Ordinances 17.28.050.
- Driveways may not extend to the rear of single and two-family homes.
- No driveway may located in front of a home (other than a garage) or allow for parking that blocks an egress from a home or building.
- No driveway may reduce the green space for a given lot below the required 33 percent.
- Driveways must be angled such that water does not run off onto neighboring properties.
- Snow Plow Contractor Application Letter, Snow Plow Contractor Application Form, and 2022 Snow Contractor Rates.
Snow Emergency Information
During major snow storms, the City will declare a snow emergency and a parking ban on key arteries to ensure that plows can fully clear snow at those locations. In most cases during snow emergencies, the Wonderland parking garage will be available at a reduced rate for residents for the duration of the parking ban.
- List of snow emergency parking ban streets. This page also provides details on how to determine if your car was towed, and what’s necessary to retrieve it.
- For more information on preparing for snow or other weather emergencies, visit revere.org/emergencies.
Licensed Drain Layers
|ARM Construction, Inc.||787 North Shore Road||Revere||781-286-0008|
|Camdele Construction Co., Inc.||154 Salem Street||Boston||617-523-7410|
|Caruso & McGovern||1 Industrial Way||Georgetown||978-352-3399|
|Caruso Corporation||320 Charger Street||Revere||781-289-2900|
|Cavalieri Construction Co., Inc.||269 Ballardvale Street||Wilmington||617-389-5225|
|Commonwealth Construction & Consulting||10 Walnut Hill Park, Suite 3F||Woburn||617-839-9983|
|Champlain Excavating||5 Wennerberg Road||Middleton||978-766-3046|
|D&M Civil, Inc.||189 North Main Street, Suite 202||Middleton||978-739-4414|
|E.B. Rotondi & Sons||21 Manison Street||Stoneham||781-438-5005|
|Feeney Brothers Excavation, LLC||103 Clayton Street||Dorchester||617-287-1004|
|J. Derenzo, Co.||338 Howard Street||Brockton||508-427-5497|
|J. Marchese & Sons, Inc.||69 Norman Street||Everett||617-389-7310|
|McCourt Construction Company, Inc.||60 K Street||South Boston||617-269-2330|
|Meninno Construction Co., Inc.||76 Oakville Street||Lynn||781-581-5333|
|Mercurio Brothers Landscaping||128 Crescent Avenue||Revere||781-289-8037|
|M.T. Mayo||PO Box 3054||Woburn||781-858-7031|
|R. Sasso & Sons Construction, Inc.||73 Thurlow Ave.||Revere||781-284-6311|
|Raffaele Construction Corp.||PO Box 436||Swampscott||781-598-5989|
|Rapid Flow, Inc.||PO Box 499||Revere||617-799-4433|
|Sean Farrell Excavation||53 Gilbert Street||Quincy||617-472-2020|
|Spencer Contracting Corp.||PO Box 875||Salem||978-741-8000|
|Tufts Construction, Inc.||100 Tremont Street||Boston||781-214-6222|
|Super Service Today||4 Jewel Drive, Unit 6||Wilmington||781-568-9075|
|United Civil, Inc.||30 Log Bridge Road, Bldg. 100||Middleton||978-907-3430|
|Vinagro Corporation||2208 Plainfield Pike||Johnston||401-533-6338|
BEFORE YOU DIG, CONTACT DIG SAFE!
Whether you are a homeowner working on DIY project or a professional, always contact Dig Safe prior to breaking the surface to avoid damaging utility lines.
Dig Safe is a nonprofit organization that notifies your utility company on your behalf for free. The utility company will then help you plan a safe dig. You can contact Dig Safe by calling 811 or (888) 344-7233.
It is required by law that Dig Safe is called any time before excavation. For more information visit www.digsafe.com
Frequently Asked Questions
Superintendent of DPW
Supervisor - Facilities and Public Property Division
Supervisor - Highway Division
Supervisor - Sanitation Division