Draft Master Plan
Next Stop Revere's Vision for Revere:
An innovative, inclusive city built on the strong foundation of our history, our unique assets, and our present successes. We are committed to achieving this vision through a comprehensive plan that aims to:
- Build Revere’s reputation as a professionalized city government;
- Continue to provide innovative and quality education;
- Provide housing options for residents of all backgrounds and income levels;
- Offer high-quality employment opportunities for Revere residents;
- Facilitate a range of transportation options for Revere residents, visitors, and regional commuters;
- Promote healthy lifestyles for our residents and visitors;
- Promote the resiliency of the city;
- Strengthen and celebrate the diversity of our city and promote social capital; and
- Establish Revere as a destination.
Master Plan Vision Statements
Draft Master Plan (Full Report)
Download Full Draft Document (PDF)
Please note: this is a large file and includes all chapters and appendices.
Next Stop Revere is the city’s first comprehensive master plan in more than four decades. The planning process comes at a critical point in Revere's history, as it seeks to build on its unique identity, location, and place in the region, in order to ensure that all residents can benefit from its growth and development.
This full draft Master Plan incorporates extensive analysis of Revere's existing conditions, population projections, land use considerations, as well as MAPC's recommendations for eight Plan Elements (see Chapter listing below for these topics).
Incorporated throughout the chapters, and guiding many of the Plan's priority recommendations, are community input shared through master plan forums, focus groups, and online surveys. The draft Plan's public comment period closed on February 14, 2020.
Each chapter is in downloadable PDF format.
Acknowledgements, Steering Committee members and the Community Process.
Historic & Cultural Resources
Transportation & Mobility
Open Space & Recreation
Energy & Climate
Public Facilities & Services
This Appendix section includes an update of the Shirley Avenue Community Action Plan referenced in the Implementation chapter and will include a summary of public comments.