Revere Recreation Update: A Successful, Exciting Summer
July 26, 2017
The Revere Recreation summer program has been a tremendous success in 2017. We are excited to offer programming for Revere's children and families and look forward to more great events to come.
- Revere Rec hosted a successful, sold out field trip to Fenway Park with 50 people. Revere kids had a chance to tour Fenway, have dinner at Pizzeria Uno, and attend a Red Sox game.
- The summer camp continues to serve about 90 children per day. The camp completed two field trips - one to Smolak Farms and one to Showcase Cinemas
- Our free basketball Skills and Drills program on Fridays has been serving upwards of 80 youth per week.
- Woody and Buzz from Toy Story stopped by Oak Island Park last week and gave much-needed exposure to the new park. Character appearances at parks throughout the summer have been a big hit with some of the younger kids.
- Revere Recreation's partnership with the nonprofit Raising a Reader has been extremely productive. Each week, Revere Recreation and Raising a Reader are giving 50-60 books away to Revere youth.
Today's schedule of events (July 26, 2017) is an example of the great programming available every day throughout the summer - visit www.revererec.org for a full schedule!
- Safari Joe will be stopping by Oak Island Park at 11AM for a one hour children’s show
- Tennis Camp continues today for ages 5 & Up at the Harry Della Russo Stadium
- Free Sea Kayaking will kick off at 11AM from Eliot Circle
- Musical Theatre classes will take place at the Recreation Department at 5:30PM
- The summer camp will be attending Kimball Farms for ice cream and mini golf
- Movie Nights on the Beach continue: The Jungle Book will be shown at Kelly’s Roast Beef on Thursday, July 27
- This Friday’s Field Trip is to Boston Paintball in Ashland, at their new outdoor facility
- Revere Community Night at the North Shore Navigators game at Fraser Field in Lynn will take place on Friday, July 28. Revere residents can attend the baseball game for free.
- On Tuesday, August 1, National Night Out will take place at Garfield School and the SBA Field
- Decades of Rock will be playing on the American Legion Lawn on Sunday, July 30
- Art Camp begins at the Recreation Department next week with 50 children
- Revere Rec is continuing to plan for the upcoming Fall Street Festival on Broadway this September; vendor packets are being distributed to local businesses
- We are continuing to work on rescheduling Touch-A-Truck, which had to be postponed two weeks ago due to thunderstorms. We are tentatively looking at early September, but will follow up with confirmation.
Visit www.revererec.org for a complete schedule of all upcoming activities!