Revere Beach International Sand Sculpting Festival: Traffic and Safety Advisories
July 21, 2016
In order to facilitate the flow of traffic in and out of this weekend’s Revere Beach Sand Sculpting Festival and help ensure a safe, successful event, please be advised of the following:
• Visitors are encouraged to avoid traffic and parking by taking the T to the festival. From the blue line, the festival is accessible by the Revere Beach and Wonderland stations. From Revere, East Boston, Chelsea, and points north, a number of MBTA bus routes access the festival area. Please check mbta.com for schedule information.
• Free parking with shuttle to the festival is available at Suffolk Downs. Parking is also available at the Wonderland Station parking garage.
• Vehicle access to Revere Beach Boulevard will be shut down from Eliot Circle to Chester St. starting at 12 PM on Friday, July 22, until the end of the festival on Sunday.
• Revere Beach Boulevard from Eliot Circle to Shirley Ave. will be used for handicap parking. Vehicles parked overnight in this area will be towed.
• All traffic on Revere Beach Boulevard will be limited to northbound travel, exiting the beach area at the Point of Pines. State Police troopers will be dispatched to each critical junction as needed.
• At approximately 9 PM on Saturday, July 23, Northbound traffic on Ocean Ave will be redirected up Chester St. on to Revere Beach Boulevard. Access to Revere St. will be shut down, forcing all Northbound traffic to go to Point of Pines to exit Revere Beach. This will decrease the volume of traffic on Revere St.
• Please be courteous to Revere Police, State Police, and other public safety officials who will be working hard this weekend to ensure a safe and enjoyable event. If you see anything suspicious, alert the authorities. In the event of an evacuation or an emergency, please be attentive to instructions from the police.