City of Revere to Host Online Auction of Surplus and Unused Items Beginning Wednesday, May 19
May 17, 2021
REVERE - The City of Revere, through the Office of the Purchasing Department, will be hosting an online auction of surplus and unused items beginning Wednesday, May 19, 2021. All items will be hosted on the website for a minimum of two weeks.
The city will conduct the auction through Municibid, an online platform that conducts convenient and easy-to-use online auction service for government agencies to sell their surplus and forfeitures directly to the public. Bids will be received by the City of Revere until the posted “end date and time” for listed items.
Some of the items up for auction through this initial offering are as follows:
- Two (2) 2013 Harley Davidson FLHTP Electra Glide Motorcycles
- Two (2) 1994 AM General M998 “Humvees”
- 2006 International Vactor/Jetter Truck
- 2017 Stepp SPHD 3.0 Asphalt Patcher “Hot Box”
- More vehicles and equipment
“One of the problems of the traditional process of disposing of surplus goods is that very few people know the items being offered for surplus sale,” said Michael Piccardi, City of Revere Purchasing Agent. “By conducting an online auction, we not only comply with the Massachusetts General Laws, but also create an open and competitive bid process for all interested parties without any confusing options or barriers of sale. And we get to promote this to a much wider array of possible buyers.”
100% of the proceeds from the auction will be deposited into the City’s Capital Improvement Stabilization Fund to put toward future capital expenditures that will benefit the City and its residents.
Anyone wishing to inspect the items should contact Acadia Bombaci in the Purchasing Department via email at: email@example.com, or call 781-286-8157.
Visit Municibid.com and click on “Massachusetts” to see some of the exciting additions that are priced to sell, and you could be the winning bidder! Some important information:
- Bids are only accepted through the Municibid.com website.
- The City of Revere does not provide any guaranties and/or warranties relative to the item(s) being sold. Thus, the item(s) is/are offered on “AS IS – WHERE IS” basis.
- Payments are acceptable in the form of cash, credit cards and checks (made payable to the “City of Revere”).
- The City of Revere reserves the right to accept or reject any or all proposals.