Bulky Item Trash Pickup is Now “Stickerless”
July 9, 2018
Effective as of Monday, July 9th, residents no longer need to visit Inspectional Service Department during City Hall hours to schedule a trash pickup for their “bulky items”.
Traditionally, city ordinance requires stickers to be purchased in advance for the removal of bulky items such as mattresses, furniture and other enumerated items. Residents no longer will need a sticker to have items picked up and can now schedule the pickup online at www.revere.org/permitting.
After creating an account, navigate to “Apply for a Permit” with the type “Bulk Item Pickup”. After completing the application, residents will receive an email with a date and time the items will be picked up.
Applications must be completed by 2pm the day before a Tuesday through Friday pickup, or 10am on Friday for a Monday pickup. Otherwise your items may be scheduled for the following week.
For Residents who do not have access to a computer or smart phone, applications can be submitted in-person at Inspectional Service’s computer kiosk located on 249R Broadway. The Mayor’s 311 Constituent Services is ready to answer any questions residents may have as the City transitions to this “stickerless” program.
Important notes about the program:
- Senior Citizen discounts apply, for any properties where the Head of Household is an eligible senior. The name and age of the eligible senior is required on the application. Inspectional Services reserves the right to ask Senior Citizen applicants to bring to ISD offices a form of proof of eligibility.
- If you put out items different than what you listed in your online application, they will not be picked up.
- If someone other than the trash collection company takes your item, the City will not be able to provide a refund.
- If you fail to put your items out, the city will be notified, and you should receive an email to reschedule your pickup.
- If you put out a partial list of items, the city will consider your application complete.