Yard Sale Permit Instructions
Yard Sale Permits are now available online. In most cases, you can complete the application for a Yard Sale Permit in under 5 minutes, from your home or work computer, or from most smart phones.
(1) Register. (2) Apply. (3) Download
Follow these easy instructions.
Step 1. Account Registration
Applicants for any permit in CitizenServe must register for an account. If you already have an account for any other reason in CitizenServe, you can skip to Step 2.
- Visit revere.org/permitting
- Click on the login link
- And select Register Now
Unless you are also a licensed contractor, the suggested accounts to sign up for would be either “Property Owner” or “Citizen/Renter”.
Only fields with a red bar are required. All others are optional. A working email address that you check regularly is required, as this is how we will notify you of any updates to your permit applications.
Be sure to select a user name and password you will remember -- or write them down.
Skip the License Information and Workers’ Compensation Affidavit questions to complete your application.
Step 2. Apply for a Permit
Select “Apply for a Permit”. Select Application Type: Yard Sale Permit. Again, note the questions with the red bar are required.
- Description: Provide any relevant details about your yard sale.
- Address or Parcel #: Only type in your street number and street name, and leave out “Street”, “Ave”, etc.
(NOTE: There are a number of parcels in the City where the postal address and the Assessing address don’t match. If you are unable to locate your address, you may need to search the Assessing Database or our city’s mapping system to find the Parcel ID. You can call 3-1-1 for help if you are unable to proceed.)
- If there is no difference between the street address and the Assessing Address, note the next question as “no”. If there is a difference, mark it as “yes” and tell us what your postal address is.
- Now answer four easy question about your yard sale.
- If you are a renter, the Health Department requests that the property owner sign an authorization form. You can upload a scan or photo of that form.
- Type your full name, click on the box that you abide by the terms and conditions, and Submit.
- If you failed to answer any required question, the system will inform you which question needs answering.
Step 3. Downloading and Printing Your Permit Card
Once your permit is approved, you will receive an email that your permit card is ready to download. Log back into your account.
- Click My Account at the top of the page, and “View My Requests”.
- Select the link for your Issued Permit in the Issued Tab.
- Access the PDF of your permit in the Documents Tab.
Print and display your permit card. If you do not have access to a printer, be sure to keep a copy of your permit handy on an electronic device, so you can show anyone who requests to see it.