Fire Department « Back to view all departments
Gene Doherty, Fire Chief
Revere Fire Department - 400 Broadway - Revere MA. - 02151
The mission of the fire department is to provide high quality emergency and life safety services within the confines of the City of Revere, by maintaining a specialized expertise in and placing highest priority on emergency response to all life safety situations, as well as proactive customer safety services.
The Revere Fire Department was formally organized in 1885. Milton Ray became the first Chief and a Board of Fire Engineers were appointed. In its first year, the Department responded to seven fires, with a total loss of $14,289. Apparatus consisted of a hook and ladder and hose carriage which were pulled by hand.
Central Fire Station on Broadway was completed in 1912 , Freeman Street in 1917, and both are still actively housed with fire companies responding to emergencies within the community.The station in Beachmont on Winthrop Avenue built in 1905 and was used as the Engine 3 fire house until 2009. Point of Pines station finished in 1921 housed the department's Engine 2. Currently the Pines station is used for department educational training and community affairs but hasn't served as active fire house for over ten years. The Department has two new stations housing Engine 3 in North Revere on Salem St and the Engine 1 Ladder 1 station next to the Police Department Headquaters on the Parkway. The two stations are the first additions to be built in the city in nearly over a century.
As the fire service moves into the 21st century, fires will still occur and need to be extinguished. Increased use and transportation of highly flammable fuels, chemicals, and other hazardous materials perpetuates the need to be adequately equipped, staffed, and trained to mitigate the possible disastrous effects of accidents and fires involving these type of materials.