Elder Affairs « Back to view all departments
Stephen W. Fielding, Director
The Rossetti-Cowan Senior Center is located at:
25 Winthrop Avenue Revere, MA. 02151
Rossetti-Cowan Senior Center Walk Through Tour 2014
- Is there a Shuttle Service for Seniors?
Senior Shuttle Program through the Rossetti-Cowan Senior Center
The Senior Shuttle Program provides local transportation for Revere Seniors sixty-years and over. This service provides seniors transportation to meet medical appointment, dental appointments, attend the Rossetti-Cowan Senior Center for lunch and activities, and if available, transporting them to take care of personal needs such as going to the pharmacy, the bank, hair dressing appointments, recreational activities, or shopping. The staff will determine driver’s availability based on a First Call/First Serve/Open time schedule.
Medical appointments, dental visitations, and attending the Senior Center for lunch will be the priority trips available. One coupon each way is required.
On Wednesdays, and depending on the schedule and number of requests, we will offer trips to Walmart in Lynn and Square One Mall in Saugus. These two outside Revere trips require two coupons each way.
Days/Hours of Operation – Monday through Friday 10:00 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
(last pick-up or drop off is 3:30 p.m.)
- You must register in person and purchase a $10.00 coupon book at the Rossetti-Cowan Senior Center prior to usage of the shuttle van. Cost is $1.00 per person per destination. Once registered and if a new coupon book is needed, you must notify the office. The driver will provide them to on the van but will only accept $10.00 cash.
- The driver will not accept cash or credit cards – only the coupon. It is up to you to have enough coupons to pay for your ride. Coupons are the only means of payment for shuttle usage.
- You must call and reserve an appointment one day in advance. You must be flexible and be aware that the pick-up time requested may be adjusted. Appointments are on a first call/first serve basis.
- You must be ready for pick-up on time. Be aware that the shuttle van driver has other passengers to pick up and the driver will wait as discretion allows.
- Your return pick-up home will be dictated according to the shuttle schedule that day. You must call the Senior Center once you are ready to return home.
- Shopping to retail stores such as Market Basket or Stop & Shop: You are responsible for carrying your shopping bag from the store to the van and from the van to your home. Do not expect the driver to do so.
- The shuttle van will not allow for non-shuttle participants to accompany you. If so, please contact a taxi company or The Ride.
- The shuttle will not operate on holidays and/or should the Revere Public Schools be cancelled due to inclement weather.