2022 Revere Smoke Testing Program

Sewer smoke testing may be happening in your neighborhood. If you see smoke, do not be alarmed. Please see here to learn more about the program

Office of Housing Stability

The Office of Housing Stability assists tenants and landlords in navigating complicated housing issues, resources, and external agencies.

Housing Assistance is Available! 

Click here for Housing Assistance Applications
For instructions check out the Housing Stability Office's RAFT Tutorial Video.

Housing Assistance

Housing Assistance is Available! 

Residential Assistance for Families in Transition (RAFT) program 

For Special Accommodations

Applying online is the most direct and efficient way to apply for financial assistance. If you are unable to assist your client in completing the online application, printable applications can be found below. Applicants should complete all of the fields in the preferred-language application and with all of the required documents, they may mail them to Metro Housing | Boston, 1411 Tremont Street, Boston, MA 02120. They may also drop off the applications at our offices between the hours of 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM.   Chinese and Khmer applications are not fillable at this time and need to be scanned.

Financial Assistance Application English

Financial Assistance Application Spanish

Financial Assistance Application Haitian Creole 

Financial Assistance Application Portuguese 

Financial Assistance Application Russian 

Financial Assistance Application Vietnamese 

Financial Assistance Application in Chinese


Homeowner Assistance Fund (HAF)

The Homeowner Assistance Fund (HAF) provides financial assistance to help homeowners who are behind on their mortgage payments due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Check eligibility for the Massachusetts Homeowner Assistance Fund (HAF)

Apply for HAF

Eviction Protection

The US federal eviction moratorium has been overturned by the U.S. Supreme Court
Remember: Your landlord cannot evict you; Only a judge can.

Massachusetts Temporary Eviction Ban

Massachusetts is banning evictions against those with a pending rental assistance application.

If your landlord is refusing to cooperate, about a quarter of the programs now allow the assistance to go directly to the tenant.

Get help

If you’d like help from an expert, contact the city at 3-1-1, contact the Revere Housing Stability Officer, or call the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) at (800) 569-4287. You can also https://www.hudexchange.info/programs/housing-counseling/rental-eviction/ for other local resources.

Eviction Guide for Renters

The U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness has developed a Step-by-Step Guide for renters that are at risk of eviction.  You can find the U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness (USICH) guide at the following link:  Step-by-Step Guide for People at Risk of Eviction

**All Tenants Are Still Required to Pay Their Rent.**

Greater Boston Legal Services

 GBLS offices are closed to the public due to COVID-19. Staff is working remotely providing critical services to clients. If you are a current client, please contact your advocate directly. If you are seeking services for the first time, please contact the Eastern Region Legal Intake at 617-603-1700. For more information on how COVID-19 is impacting legal cases and what your rights are, please click here.

Volunteer Lawyers Project

617- 603-1700 or 1-800-342-LAWS (5297)

Our call center’s hours during the pandemic are:

Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 9AM-12PM
Tuesday & Thursday: 12:30PM-3:30PM

Housing Families

If you need help with rental assistance or free legal assistance relating to housing or eviction, please contact our Homelessness Prevention & Legal Services Program hotline at (781) 322-9119 x146.

Tenant Resources

More Resources

Housing Stability Office's RAFT Tutorial Video

Landlord Resources

Landlords are eligible to apply for financial assistance on behalf of their tenants who are overdue on rent due to COVID. All adult household members must sign a Tenant Consent form in order for the Landlord to complete this process. 


Other Resources

Unsheltered Homelessness Resources

The City of Revere partners with a number of key resources for unsheltered homelessness.

Need Help Now

State Guide for Families
If you are a family that needs shelter tonight
Need a Shelter Tonight
If you are an individual that needs shelter tonight find the nearest community that can assist you.
Youth In Need of Assistance
Find the nearest community that can assist you.
Contact Information
Valentina Moreno
Housing Stability Officer

Julia Newhall
Substance Use Disorders Initiatives Office
Marc Silvestri
Veterans Service Office
Provide Website Feedback

There was a problem with your submission. Please correct the issues below

* Required Fields

Please wait…